Information and online application forms:
Exchange Programme “Foreign Library Experts to Germany (AnD)” for international librarians outside Germany
Professional visits at one library, documentation or information institution in Germany
1 Application requirements
• You are a library/information/documentation professional
• You are actively involved into the library sector of your home country
• You would like to deepen specialist knowledge on library topics
Duration of a stay:
• 3 working days and a maximum of 3 weeks
• Grants for professional excursions subsequent to a professional visit are available under certain circumstances
2 Application Procedure
• Please, apply at least six weeks before the start of the journey
• Please, take care of any visa, accommodation and travel costs on your own
• BII may just approve one grant per individual person per year
What information is required in the Online application form?
• Your name and employing institution
• Invitation and scheduled program of the stay
• Confirmation / invitation of the host library in Germany
• Letter of motivation for professional visit and your application
• Details about your schedule and financial planning of the trip
Please register first and fill out the application form here.
You may register, fill out step by step and submit finally when you have all required information included. Only completely filled forms will be processed by BII. Decisions of the BII jury will be communicated via e-mail.
We recommend a recent version of FireFox, Chrome, Safari or Edge for security reasons as well as for the optimal performance of the page.
3 Financial Support
• Per diem rate of 80 EUR funding for the duration of the professional visit in Germany
• Travel rate to Germany of 80 EUR within Europe and 160 EUR from outside Europe
• Travel, insurance and visa costs are self-funded
• Payment not in advance, but upon arrival in Germany
If you receive a grant it obliges you to submit a written report about the professional visit and submit the report within six weeks after return.
The grant may be reclaimed or an applicant excluded from further funding, if the grant has not been used properly or a written report has not been submitted.