As part of the German-Dutch partner country initiative, the library associations BID (Germany) and FOBID (Netherlands) are happy to offer a series of online seminars on hot topics.
Every month, a different topic which is currently of interest to library developments in both countries will be discussed by two specialists from the Netherlands and Germany. Subjects being discussed will come from all areas of the library landscape, like artificial intelligence, sustainability in libraries, UX design, library staff recruitment.
Always on Mondays, always from 11-12 am CET, always 1h, always in the middle of the month:
- November 16, 2020: Why do libraries need buildings?
- December 14, 2020: UX-design and organisation at university libraries
- January 18, 2021: Sustainability and libraries – agenda 2030
- February 15, 2021: Artificial intelligence and libraries
- March 15, 2021: Library staff: identifying, qualifying, employing and training
- April 12, 2021: Central service for public libraries
- May 17, 2021: Agile working in libraries
- June 14, 2021: Libraries and Citizen Science
- July 12, 2021: Digital strategies in libraries, including the role libraries play in education to support distant education
The online seminars are free of charge and in English; registration is required. No recordings.
For more information and registration