Information and online application forms:
Exchange Programme “Foreign Library Experts to Germany (AnD)” for international librarians outside Germany
Study trip to Germany (for Groups)
1 Application requirements
• You are library/information/documentation professionals
• You are actively involved into the library sector of your home country
• You would like to deepen specialist knowledge on library topics
Conditions of the study trip:
• Between 2 and 5 working days
• Between 3 and 15 persons
• Specialist programme within a framework of a study trip
2 Application Procedure
• Application by ONE person on behalf of the group
• Please apply at least six weeks before the start of the journey
• Please take care of any visa, accommodation and travel costs on your own
• BII may just approve one grant per individual person per year
What information is required in the Online application form?
• Complete list of participants and employing institutions
• Scheduled programme of the trip through Germany
• Confirmation / invitation letters from institutions to be visited in Germany
• Letter of motivation for the planned trip
• Details about your schedule and financial planning of the trip
You may register, fill out step by step and submit finally when you have all required information included. Only completely filled forms will be processed by BII. Decisions of the BII jury will be communicated via e-mail.
3 Financial Support
• Per diem rate of 80 EUR funding for the duration of the trip per group member
• Maximum funding for a group would be 6000 EUR
• Travel, insurance and visa costs are self-funded
• Payment not in advance, but upon arrival in Germany
If you receive a grant it obliges you to submit a written report about the study trip, documentation of participation of all group members and submit the report within six weeks after return.
The grant may be reclaimed or an applicant excluded from further funding, if the grant has not been used properly or a written report has not been submitted.
We recommend a recent version of FireFox, Chrome, Safari or Edge for security reasons as well as for the optimal performance of the page. Please us a desktop PC and no mobile device.