The outbreak of the current pandemic is directly affecting the activities of BI-International. Planned travels of already confirmed professional stays might have to be postponed in some cases or conferences are cancelled completely this year or postponed to next year.
BI-International is therefore trying to find individual solutions for scholarships already granted, should the current situation prevent or complicate a planned stay in Germany. Already granted scholarships remain valid.
If you have to postpone a planned trip and already recieved a confirmation for a grant from BII, your grant may stay valid until End of the year.
If a professional exchange is not possible due to the pandemic and you have to postpone a planned trip and already recieved a confirmation from BII, applications for funding cannot be carried over to next year. We would therefore ask you to submit a new application for funding again next year.
In detail, however, the applicant should make a planned stay dependent on the local conditions at the destination and the regulations of the respective host libraries or conference organizers. You may also check the updated travel recommendations from the WHO for international traffic related to the COVID-10 outbreak.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any furhter questions or for any further information: [email protected]